View Single Post
Old 13-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Had a really good day today. Finally got the car to where it should of been on sunday night.

Today was the longest day of the rally with nearly 140 competitive k's over 8 stages.

Still havent done anything stupid. Not launching. Havent had to trail brake to the apex to get out of shit. I find when i am on it instinctively i am braking all the way to the apex. I am still braking in a stright line so plenty left in it. Also havent launched it once which is probably costing 2 + seconds every stage. It hurts in the short stages but not such an issue on the longer ones.

Car is a heavy, torque less and powerless snotter on 98. It doesnt change direction as well and you cant leave it in 5th through the 7's and 8's. Have to keep it stirred up. Its fine but takes some getting used to.

Started the day 40 seconds away from 3rd. Ran him down and turned that into a 30 second advantage. Then on the last stage (36 km's) the leader hit a rock and got a flat tyre 4 km's from the end. He didnt have a spare with him so that is him out. End result is we are now second and 30 seconds out of the lead.

Felt sorry for one guy today. Car no. 5 is a mercedes a45. The cars dont go in numerical order but he would of been very very close to the first car. Looks like he spun and backed it into a ditch. Car looked fine. Anyways everytime a car goes past you are meant to hold up either an ok or an sos sign saying you need help or you are ok. Old mate was fine. So old mate has to hold his sign up over 300 times at 30 second intervals. He has to wait until the last car has been through (around 3 hours) before he can have his car recovered....

An immaculate bmw v8 m3 slid off the road into a ditch. On the navigators side of course. This thing was properly clean. Like tyre shine at every lunch stop type of clean. Both fine but a bit of shock.

The 240z leading classic went off but i didnt see it.

The speed of white (viper) and close (porsche) is just something else. Its just in another league. Tyres are a massive issue for whitey but lets see what happens.

Tomorrow is the run into strahan. They have cancelled my favourite stage rinadeena but we do it in reverse on saturday morning.

Aim is to keep some pressure on the hsv and see what happens. He doesnt have a great record for finishing but who knows.

Brendon
beernuts (13-04-2016)