View Single Post
Old 19-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

So... we did it. the thing held today with hopes, cables ties and dreams but we got across the line.

Massive carnage on the last day which i find astounding but i reckon a lot of it is fatigue related. Different hotels most nights, lots of concentration, a lot of people backing off because there nothing to gain etc. The roads were damp. A tiny bit of rain but enough to make some places super greasy.

We ended up winning by just over 5 minutes. The guy that was second is super consistent and does a lot of driving so is probably a reasonable benchmark.

On the first day we had the blown intercooler hose so cant compare times.
Second day we were absolute line ball with him
Third day we were about a second per kilometre faster
Fourth day we were about 1.5 secs per k faster.
Fifth day we were about the same and by the last day he had nothing to gain and we both back right off.

The weirdest thing of the event for me was the amount of porsche tour people that fell off the road. the Porsche tour is designed for people with their road car to go and enjoy the roads. there was everything from cayenne's to 944's to 993 rsr's, gt3's etc. The deal is no cages, no times, no helmets and you follow the tour leader who in this case was Steve Johnson in a Cayenne. The theory is a 'spirited drive' in convoy on some amazing roads and then social engagements every night. Its a cool setup if you dont want to compete.

There were porsche tour cars everywhere that fell off. Here is a local GT4 Cayman.

Here is a renault and a sti that had a crash on the last day. there was also a 996 Turbo in the gulf colours that had a proper rollover but i didnt grab any photos of that one.

The driver of the sti has some broken ribs.... but he has a rally rego R8 V10 sitting in the shed that he is in the process of building anyways.....

I have paid my $400 for the photos but i have not seen many come through yet. I will no doubt get the usb in the next couple of weeks.

Brendon

Last edited by urabus; 31-01-2018 at 01:37 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to urabus For This Useful Post:
beernuts (21-04-2016), JRecardo (20-04-2016)