View Single Post
Old 30-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Hi again guys,

Following my last post I have decided to give it a go on the current motor.

What I wanted to ask your expert opinion is on the tuning side:

So after I upgrade all those mods listed:
VF34 Turbo
CAI
TMIC
TBE

I do understand that I need a tune, now I have been quoted $1650 by Maximum Motorsport for an ECUTEK tune and Dyno but as a comparison and knowledge learning I also went to S Technik and they advised me that it will be far more cost effective to get an STI ECU from version 5 or 6 (still the GC8 chasis) with minor wiring modification and voila we've got a street weapon with all the mods and it will cost me $500-$600 instead of $1650. First of all is this true and will this work?

Also with regards to Power FC or autronics as a secondary unit mention by Patch, is this what they call piggybacking the ecu? is there any difference in terms of performance and reliability compare to the ECUTEK?

FYI I don't think I'd be planning anymore mods other than whats listed above, my next fund will go towards the engine rebuild and 6 Speed conversion and as I was told all those mods will not go to waste when I do this.

Thanks again so much guys and again I'm sorry if I ask perhaps a stupid question, very new to the performance scenery and my first turbo car