Thread: Betty blue
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

HaHa you must be psychic dude, I was going to message you for some more soul searching advice!

All is well besides the dying donk, hope you and family are well.

I have pages of ocd lists here with different build combos from professional engine builders and tuning shops through to backyard ops.

Ironically last night I made a list which looked exactly like yours (new oem short block, pistons, headstuds, gaskets, timing belt). The only problem is who to get it done with. Who would you recommend to do it for $2k in labour mate? Serious question, PM me if you want.

I want my engine built (or short block swapped) in a proper workshop if you know what I mean. Not because I don't trust peoples backyard skills but because if something goes wrong I have somewhere to go to have a rant!

As for tuning I definitely want to push the little dom1.5 a bit further so it will need a re-tune after run in (targeting maybe 260-270kw) a little bit more than what I have now 240kw.

That's why I have been weighing up whether to spend a bit more coin (for insurance purposes) and have the convenience of drive in/out service from some of the bigger name shops.

The last two quotes came in this arvo.

Galloways - $7186.00 for a completely reconditioned long motor with forged internals. Motor must be delivered to them.

Maximums drive in/out between $10 - 11k depending on what bits and bobs get replaced or re-used.

Burke? Who's Burke? Is he the dude with the big trophy cabinet?