Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 01:59 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Rd 5 of the MC Motorsport WA Sprint Champs was canned due to noise complaints and whatnot. Apparently some cok-sucker complained about noise from last weeks event there. The track is on the international airport land. There is jumbo jets taking off every 15mins,and this arse bandit is complaining about some cars belting around on a track.

So instead of prepping for racing, I TIG'd up a custom coolant overflow bottle. The idea here is I can posistion the new bottle a bit closer to the battery and headlight, leaving space for a FMIC piping to come up where the old plastic bottle used to sit.

The tank is basically some 3" tube, with 2 x 3"end caps welded on. I then welded in a filler neck on top of one end cap. And an AN4 port at the bottom for the coolant to fill/siphon back from. I also added 2 x 1/2" tube bends at the top and bottom, and put some clear tube inbetween to use as a sight level indicator. Then lastly welded on 2 small brackets to mount to some existing bolt holes on the car.

It is a bit heavy. But my ali welding skill is not up to task yet. So its pretty much all 1.6mm thick SS304.