View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Subaru head gaskets do actually just let go. Fairly regularly on the 2.5's going by anecdotal evidence and reports coming from people at a couple of workshops. You will find hundreds more stories on the internet as well. It's well documented. Nothing to do with coolant changes, my car is serviced at stupidly short intervals as I do fuck all kms. Car hasn't even done 90 thou yet. I watch my fluid levels weekly and top up if required. Car didn't overheat at all, I caught it early because I'm in tune with my car and have been picking up on small, niggly changes/problems since January. That includes being OCD enough to check for fluids on the ground when leaving a car park. Last Friday the car had spewed coolant from the overflow bottle. That (with a couple of other symptoms) confirmed the suspicion I've had for about 5 months that my head gasket was on the way out.

Wedding fund won't be affected, engine build will come from refinancing my personal loan which is easily serviced seeing as I'm a hermit and don't piss my money against the wall of a weekend.

No details yet, but it will go beyond just replacing the head gasket with an OEM item

Last edited by TROLLEY; 04-07-2016 at 07:20 PM.