View Single Post
Old 29-07-2016, 03:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Goosey at standard level

I heard something along the lines of "Colin Barnett has allocated $65 million to additional speed cameras" on the news today. Supposedly that includes fixed and traffic light cameras.

We've all banged on about it so many times, but wouldn't $65 million be better spent on driver training? I see so many morons teaching learner drivers their bad habits, like sitting in the right lane, indicating INTO a roundabout when going straight through, yet not indicating out, coming to a stop as soon as a traffic light changes to amber, not using headlamps at dusk and when weather conditions are not ideal, etc. (list is endless) and yet "speeding" is considered one of the only causes of road fatalities?

Sure speed is a contributing factor, however I wonder how many deaths caused by speed are as a consequence of another misdemeanor, like driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, fatigue or just general inattention?

Another question is: why don't driving tests consist of many daily driving skills? Things like "driving on a freeway or at high speed, merging lanes, controlling a car in the event of loss of traction, overtaking etc?

Sorry for the rant going off topic, but I've driven around 400km just today seen many idiot drivers, and needed to vent! Carry on.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Last edited by Goosey; 29-07-2016 at 03:59 PM.