View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

So a little update for the car, first was the tint. I cannot recommend TKO enough, they have done most of my cars (bar a few that had decent tint) and I always get the car back as clean and finished perfectly. I got the 3M darkest legal all round (35% front, 20% rears). After two weeks without tint it is a very welcome addition even for just a little privacy and kills the in car glare.

Second was some new wipers because the el'cheapo stirps were more effective at smearing the water, not clearing the windscreen. So I had an AUTO ONE voucher so grabbed some BOSCH Flex Blades, they make the arms sit a little higher but importantly they actually do something!

The last purchase was some new wheel nuts. The current 19mm nuts with a thin wall socket gouge the rim and has been thoroughly beaten up already. I made a lot of calls and shop visits but 17mm black nuts seemed near impossible to find, but one late night at work on EBAY I found a set of PROJECT MU 17mm nuts.

The next thing on the list is to pull the rims and tyres off, then spend a day fixing all the rash and a small dimple in the lip before I palm it off to someone to paint or powdercoat. Either method it will be a grey, maybe a little darker then the one pictured.

My non-car mod for the day is an iPad dash for my race seat. Used a Go Pro handlebar mount and downloaded PCar Dash (wifi connectivity). There are about 8 preset displays each with different info and styles.

It is a great addition. You can change displays with a quick tap of the screen or change the format by swiping. Everything from water temp, boost pressure, brake temp, tyre pressure and even data telemetry... it all seems a little wanly but really good fun.