View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Sir AntiLag

lachy294 at standard level

So latest race meeting has been done and dusted and for me it was a decent day but also ones of "what if".

Qualifying went the best it ever has for me, putting in a 1:13.1 and P3 on the grid, but a bogged launch on the line of Race 1 left me in 4th going into turn 4 where one of the 1600s had spun in front of the leading 1200s and caused chaos taking out another car, thankfully I narrowly missed the car as it spun across the track but check the video out to see how close it was. Then in the last 1/2 of a lap under safety car the gear selector had stripped a nut and only being left with 3rd gear there wasn't an easy way to finish the race without effecting someone else and pulled the pin.
Race 2, Started from the back making my way to 3rd for the race (8 spots I think), really fun racing with all the passing. Also dropped a new PB of a 1:12.7, ~0.5 secs of the front guys but hopefully we have found that this round with some set up changes.
Race 3 was able to stick with the leaders for the first lap then got caught up with a tail ender 1600 and the 1/2 a lap caught behind him was enough to say bye to the leaders.

Ended up with 8th for the round I think but if could have managed to finish the first race would have been a different story.