View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Update time, good news first;

Got the car back from ASG.

Very much the same results, I wasn't expecting more power/torque as it was just a clean up tune for the fuel pump and feline abortion.

Running 22 pound I've gained about ~300 RPM of response and a bit more torque. Power is the same and very consistent all the way to Redline, very enjoyable to drive.

With the help of Taylor, the brakes have been done and after driving with them for 2 weeks, I am very impressed. No noise, very little dust and plenty of bite hot and cold. Stops on a dime now.

Unfortunately after dropping the Smurf Snot last week it was discovered that the synchros in 4th gear are cooked.

The shockproof managed to mask this, so currently getting quotes to have the 3rd and 4th rebuilt with new bushings + selector fork etc.

Will be dropping the box with Taylor and delivering it to ASG or similar in the next week or 2 when Nic is back and getting that sorted.

Otherwise not much more to report.

Anti Laser Priority is being collected on Tuesday and I'll update once installed and operational.

Then cosmetic - finally fix the fkn numberplate and front bumper respray and brand new Ultrex Slim lip to be fitted

Last edited by Brett Allan; 03-08-2016 at 10:08 PM.