Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 06:53 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

I bought a brand new Garrett GTX3076R to do my planned upgrade, but my retarded local turbo shop (TurboTech Perth) accidently ordered me a GTX3071R. Then they lied to me, and knowingly tried to pass it off as 3076, hoping i wouldnt notice they had F-ed up the order. Obviously as soon as i got it out of the box i could tell it was the wrong turbo. If the lying pricks had of just been honest i wouldnt have wasted my whole lunch break driving across town to pick it up.

It seems im cursed when i buy turbos. When i got the Dom 2.5, the shop i bough it from f-ed up my order and sent out the wrong parts about 2 or 3 times... This time i thought id order from a local bricks and motar store, hoping to avoid all the hassles i had last time. But i got the same dis-honest lying bullsh1t i got from PSR.

So ive had the GTX3071R to play with over the weekend, while the correct turbo comes.

I was always curious about the differences between the Blouch Dom and the Garrett compressor wheels. I had always assumed the DOM2.5 was effectively a gt3071r with a custom billet comp wheel and stock location housings. This is true, but the Blouch wheel has a slightly different profile/silhouette than the Garrett. The Blouch is infact a little smaller and you can comfortably fit the Garrett housing over the Blouch wheel, but you cannot put the Blouch housing over the Garrett wheel.

Blouch DOM 2.5 XTR VS Garrett GTX3071R

Garrett GTX3071R

Blouch DOM 2.5 XTR compressor wheel.

Garrett GTX3071R compressor wheel.