Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 07:06 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

In other news. Ive pulled the car down. (Obviously removing the Blouch turbo). I figure with RAC drying up, now would be as good a time as ever to get the car apart and start the next (and biggest) round of mods.

The intake manifold has been removed and reversed. The actual reversing of the mani was pretty straight forward. It does require an alt relocation. Which given the AC delete already is pretty easy. I have welded up a simple bracket to hold the alternator where the AC was. All i need now is a bigger belt to go the longer distance.

I had previously welded up a coolant overflow tank to replace the plastic one on the fan shroud. This makes space for the intercooler pipe work to come up the front of the engine.

The wiring harness may need a bit of tweaking here and there to make way for the flipped intake. But otherwise plug straight back in. The coolant header tank should go back more or less where it was. Fuel hose can be shortened and re-routed. Vacuum booster etc is a simply hose mod. Catchcan plumbing will need a bit of tweaking too. But everything looks more or less do-able.