View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Thought I would outline what's going to be done to the car. It will take a while as my chosen builder has gone on holidays for two weeks, is in Queensland, and now a delay in the availability of my pistons. Build details below:

New EJ257 short block
Strip short block & chemical hot wash
Torque plate bore and hone for oversized pistons
Nitto H-Beam billet conrods
Wiseco 99.75mm pistons
ACL race series bearings
Set crank and rod clearance, piston to bore clearances and ring gaps.
Engine balance including flywheel, pressure plate and crank pulley
11mm STi oil pump (de-burred and cleaned up)
OEM gasket kit including multi layer SS MLX head gaskets

The engine will be built by Robin Berardo of PerFOURmance Motorsport in Queensland. He is highly regarded, been in the game for over 25 years and in the words of Doug @ STechnic - "honourable". Way back in 1999 he screwed together an 11 second WRX which later ran 10's and has been involved in Rallying quite heavily albeit a change of involvement after a nasty accident (moving to engine building and head mechanic for teams, etc). Yes there are plenty of people in Perth who can screw an engine together but word of mouth, Robin's credentials and attention to detail when replying to my emails and questions is what made me choose his services. There also seems to be a hefty "WA tax" to either parts markup or labour in the local quotes I received...

Additional items:
* Go Fast Bits non-underdrive crank pulley (needed a completely metal item for engine balancing as the OEM item has rubber inserts and cannot be balancing with the rest of the engine)
* Roger Clark Motorsport "Extreme High Performance" 11mm head studs
* Roger Clark Motorsport oil filter
* Project Mu magnetic oil bung
* Go Fast Bits Mach 2 recirculating diverter valve (BOV)
* Whiteline positive shift kit
* Kartboy shifter bushings
* STi/Group N transmission mount

* Flex conversion with ECUTEK + Zeitronix flex kit @ Tokyo Motorsport

Last edited by TROLLEY; 11-08-2016 at 10:16 PM.