Thread: Brant Installer
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

fobz knows their stuff

Don't install the Brant. I say this for a simple reason: They're everywhere. If you use something that is mainstream, then you'll be sure that more people know how to circumvent it. The standard "from subaru install" of a Brant was all done in the same way for huge batches of vehicles. As such, anyone who has removed one, will know either what you have to cut/connect on the main harness to bypass it, or which bits to short out on the circuit board to bypass it. Most of the time in less than 90 seconds.

I am more paranoid than most, so this bit of advice is something that some people say is over the top: Don't get a normal installer to put any security device in your car. Get a trusted friend to do it or do it yourself. If you get your anti-hijack installed at the local car stereo place, do you really know who has done it ? Do you trust their apprentice that saw your pride and joy and knows exactly how the alarm is installed ? Do you trust that the apprentice will not spout off to his mates at the pub about the awesome WRX and how he knows how to steal it ?

If you can, install it yourself. Hey, build it yourself. Start with:

Here for backlit metal keypads:
KB304-MNS-WP-B ACCORD - Keypad: universal | TME - Electronic components

Here for a hyped up 32bit 72 Mhz CPU board (Arduino compatible)
https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy32.html

And use a LM2940C for the power supply, not that shitty LM7805 stuff.

... then in no time you will have a system that nobody has ever seen, installed or bypassed before.

Or... just get a trunk monkey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AidA...3Kz_8JjLH-Nxp7

My flame suit is on. Give it your best biatch.

[COLOR="Red"]My STI's carbon emissions are offset by killing puppies.[/COLOR]

Last edited by fobz; 25-08-2016 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Me no spell good