Thread: Brant Installer
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Scoobie Noobie

carlbond1982 at standard level

I think going for a trunk monkey is probably the best option lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobz View Post
I hear what your saying, as the Brants is not common in the newer WRX's and the Sigma system is more installed and a lot not even installed at all. It's more the older models of WRX's that used the Brants, plus people had some of theres disabled for there own reasons, not sure what year they slowed down on which means the common car thieves have next to no idea how to bypass them properly. Ripping the key pad out disables the car and jumping under the bonnet does the same this is from experience. I spoke to a person at a local car shop that knows the Brants well and said it takes a little bit of time to bypass them without bricking the car and thats a pro at work, is a pity he left. I know the quick way of bypassing it but you still need to speak to Brant or Subaru over the phone from memory.

Still I want to way up my options and see who does it or what other systems are out there that do the same thing. I dont plan to have it done in the same suburb or give my address out so it cuts down the chances of a inside job. I'm not that handy so i will stick with a pro.