Thread: A new Subie fan
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Mordranai at standard level
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the welcome.... Sorry for the VERY late reply haven't been online much lately.

The car is mostly stock. Previous owner kept it pretty well maintained. For a car of its age and type there aren't any serious issues. It has Link ecu tune, CAI, Biltstein coil overs, 3" turbo back exhaust, Manual boost control, and Whiteline rear suspension brace/sway bar.

I'm keeping the car a daily but I've an extensive list of maintenance and bolt on upgrades to do. Going to be doing the work myself (huge learning curve). I will take it for a comprehensive inspection and for the engine re-tune with a good workshop once its back together but I'm weeks away from that. Still waiting on parts.....

I won't bother to put the whole shopping list down but I'm doing the usual stage 1/2 works and maintenance for the vintage;

Exhaust
Turbo
Fuel System
CAI
Intercooler
BOV
Vacuum hoses/Radiator hoses
Water pump & Thermostat
Cam shaft seals
Serpentine belts
Timing belt and pulleys
Radiator
All fluids
CV boots
A few dress up pieces....

I'm trying to be comprehensive, problem is were to stop. Cash flow being better I'd probably end up completely rebuilding the car.

The Silver bullet lives in a locked garage so its relatively safe. lol

Had the luck/misfortune of living in Lockridge over 5 years now. Never had a problem. Course I'd be the first person to say its hardly a wealthy area.

I don't draw too much attention anyway my area's more known for V8 stuff...