View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

ZiN at standard level

Sounds a bit like wastegate chatter, I've been told that's what the issue is with my GC8 by MMS and it sounds similar to me. Mine occurs only in the middle throttle range while accelerating.

I've still been researching the issue. Looks like tightening the wastegate (as on mine it's preload is adjustable) isn't a good idea as it'll lead to over boost if done up too high and the cpu will learn and adjust to the new preload anyway.

Some people have found it is caused by exhaust leaks as it sounds fairly similar when listening to recordings although it's a separate issue this could be your problem. Have you changed anything recently that may of caused this to occur? is your exhaust aftermarket?

If it is wastegate chatter and there are no exhaust leaks and you have a hi-flow exhaust system then people say a little noise is normal. People have tried wrapping the exhaust to muffle the sound and changing the wastegate duty cycle to decrease the chatter.

I've been told not to worry about it and that it is fine on my car, however I'm still researching a solution. I'll post back if I fix it.