View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Scoobie Noobie

subyroo at standard level

For a forward only viewing dash cam you can't go far past a Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 or V3.
TheV3 has just been released and can use a 200GB Micro SD Card. Support is 2nd to none, either via "jokiin" on Whirlpool Forum Automotive thread or DashCam Talk Forum on GuardTrak/Street Guardian thread.

I have the SG9665GC V2 with a 128GB Micro SD Card and CPL (Central Polarising Lens) filter on it and it's a great little dashcam, it is discreet when mounted on the Frit (black dots) behind the rear view mirror. Just be aware that the SD card is inserted/removed on the LH side of the cam when it's mounted, I mounted mine on the RH side and too close to the mirror before I realised how hard it was to get the card out.

The cheapest place I have found for the Street Guardian is Strathpine Car Radios in Sydney, they also have an eBay site.

Note:
Street Guardian are currently working on a 2Ch DashCam but I have no idea when the release date will be and jokiin will not give any hints either (he is involved in the development of the SG dashcams).

Last edited by subyroo; 08-01-2017 at 09:22 AM.