View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Sign me up!
DCCD Donut Driver

motorculture at standard level
Default Impreza is foundation for Subaru’s future

Subaru’s new generation Impreza launches this week packed with new features and sitting on the new global platform that will underpin all new models over the coming decade.

The fifth generation All-Wheel Drive Impreza has been on-sale since late October, with first customer deliveries starting this month.

The Subaru Global Platform offers new levels of agility, crash protection, efficiency and fun driving in a vehicle that is 95% new.

New Impreza is also the first Subaru to offer a 12,500 kilometre/12-month Capped Price Service program (CPS) – and combined with entry level pricing identical to the superseded model, it makes the new generation a compelling package.

In the first three years of the CPS, the total cost of servicing new generation Impreza is $1298.19, which is $918.86 less than the superseded model.

Available exclusively with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) Impreza 2.0i sedan is priced from $22,400 Manufacturer’s List Price* (MLP) – and with considerable upgrades to specification.

Subaru Australia Managing Director, Colin Christie, said: “We’re delighted with the early response to new Impreza, from the styling and specification list to the technology that highlights Subaru’s safety leadership in particular.

“The introduction of EyeSight® driver assist in mid and top-spec Imprezas will mean more than half of the new Subarus sold in Australia next year will feature the award-winning safety-enhancing technology.

“That volume of vehicles will most likely place Subaru ahead of any other brand in terms of bringing this kind of invaluable safety-related technology to a mass market.”

Impreza maintains Subaru’s outstanding independent five-star rating for occupant safety from the respected Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).

Representing the biggest step-change in Impreza since the original launched in Australia in 1994, the key changes by variant are:

Impreza 2.0i
  • New generation touchscreen infotainment system featuring:
    • Apple CarPlay™ connectivity
    • Google Android Auto™ connectivity
  • Subaru Global Platform
  • Tyre pressure warning light
  • 115 Kilowatts of power at 6000 rpm and 196 Newtonmetres of torque at 4000 rpm
    • Higher power output, up from 110 kW
  • 17-inch alloy wheels

Impreza 2.0i-L adds (to 2.0i specification):
  • 8-inch touchscreen
  • Premium cloth trim
  • Dual zone fully automatic air conditioning
  • Electric folding mirrors with integrated indicators
  • EyeSight® driver assist
  • Front fog lights with integrated Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
  • Leather accented trim steering wheel and gear shift
  • Tyre pressure monitoring system
  • Upgraded Multi-Function Display

Impreza 2.0i-Premium adds (to 2.0i-L specification):
  • Electric sunroof
  • Factory fitted SatNav powered by TomTom

Impreza 2.0i-S adds (to 2.0i-Premium specification):
  • Active Torque Vectoring
  • Automatic head lights
  • Automatic front wipers
  • Heated front seats
  • Heated mirrors