Thread: The Slow Bug
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Scoobie Noobie

yang at standard level
Default The Slow Bug

Way too overdue for a build thread to keep track of everything, but better now than ever, here she is!

Suspension & wheels
STD coilovers
Whiteline swaybars front n rear & link kit
Speedline 16" rims wrapped in 205/50r16 Re003
HPX pads

Engine Bay:
Version 8 Ej207
HKS pod filter
Fp Green Turbo
Spec C TMIC
1000cc injectors
ARP 2000 headstuds
new OEM subaru headgasket
Ali radiator
Cusco Heatshield
gr.n engine mounts
Empire manifold & uppipe
Invidia catless downpipe

Drivetrain:
PPG 1-4 Helical in 4.1 ratio wrx box
Xtreme clutch
gr.n tranny mount

I bought her back in 2013 as a first car, from an asian guy who was flying back to china after completing his studies here, long story short, the ebc was overboosting to 21psi and the car was on a tank of 91 (ouch).

drove it for a while before biting the nail on a 207 swap and E85.
So I switched the car over to E85 with sti pinks on the td04, grabbed a tactrix and the learning experience began.

Pretty soon, the #4 cylinder piston ring gave way, and required a spark plug change every week due to fouling. Which began the car's garage life.
Found myself a 207 through import monster's yahoo auctions service and started buying parts bit by bit for the swap.

A couple of months down the road, as im doing the headgasket & headstud swap on the new motor, i realised the hone marks were still on the cylinder walls, after checking the oil pump gear service clearances, I realised someone has rebuilt this motor and binned it very soon after! Look at the zero rust in the coolant sections!

From there on, the car has been a simple lego puzzle, put bits together and connect plugs, thanks to subaru interchangeability.

Ran it in, switched to carberryrom and now she runs without issues!
Glad this swap went without a hitch!

Took it to a Barbs come n try day and the only issue was lack of brakes, which is easily fixable.
Watch this space for more interesting mods on the way!
The Following User Says Thank You to yang For This Useful Post:
Benjv (06-02-2017)