Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2017, 07:28 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdavies View Post
Curve looks mint. Do you have an RPM graph instead of engine speed?
The dyno graph only shows the roller/wheel speed. It doesn't show actual engine RPMs. So, I got my nerd on and did some maths. Using the gear ratios as found on the "Rallispec" gearbox specification list for my model 6spd, and my tyre size of 295/30R18. I then punched the numbers into the "Subarugears" online gear calculator. Then using a bit of back and forth to convert between MPH and KMH, I was able to correlate wheel speed to RPMs. So I overlayed the info onto a scan of my dyno graph. Im not sure if its 100% accurate, as even if the numbers match up, there may be discrepancies due to wheel camber or toe, or my calculations could just be plain wrong. But here is the graph with new info super-imposed. (I also added a scale to convert HP into KW, and PSI into BAR)

It would seem it spools almost exactly the same as the DOM2.5 tune. MAP is ramped up and beginning its platue right at around the 3.6k RPM. Which is pretty much same as what the stock location DOM / TMIC combo did. But then there is plenty more meat under the graph from there on.