View Single Post
Old 20-02-2017, 08:44 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Haven't updated this in a few months, not much has changed although...

After a 3 year run, my luck finally ran out....

Driving down Marmion about 5 mins from home, V1 starts going nuts for K band rear....highway patrol...sick.

Tailed me for about 1km, moved left and they pulled alongside and dropped back and joined me in the left lane.

Lights and sirens

Polite and courteous but he was chasing a quota.

End result is a nice new sticker for;

"Dangerous/untidy wiring" around battery, HID ballast loose (slid through the bracket) and my GFB BOV (set to 100% recirculating) was an illegal atmospheric unit apparently.

OEM valve on and plumbed in, wiring sorted and ballast secured. Cat converter re-installed - ready to go

Ran it over the pits with HID ballasts concealed to try my luck, no dice.

New ADR's state they need to be self leveling and have washers installed...

From what I have read, the headlight washer rule was only applied for post 2006 vehicles, I had a discussion with the inspector about fitting JDM lights with HIDs and manual level control but apparently even on a 2002 vehicle they have to comply?

Anyways, $100 worth of halogen bulbs, laser parking sensors temporarily removed = all good. Got permits for my Coilovers and Cold Air - if anyone want to do this, PM me, $120 and you will have no issues if you get pulled over (on the condition you haven't slammed the car on its arse after getting the ride height measured)

Tidied up the engine bay a fair bit, and my amp under the passenger seat received the same treatment - excuse the lack of non matching carpet haha

Also finalized the 03 STI wheel conversion - I had been hunting for a cruise control stalk for ages due to the wheel I purchased being of Jap Spec origin = no CC

Late GD clock spring and CC stalk fitted;

Not much else planned, new Headunit is on the cards (Pioneer or Alpine) and some new Focal front splits.

The possibility of flex fuel is also on the cards for the near future..

Last edited by Brett Allan; 21-02-2017 at 08:20 AM.