Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2017, 02:22 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdavies View Post
For reference here's my MAP Limit Table.
As you can see when my Coolant temp is between 60 and 100 degrees C my boost cut is 1.95 bar. Outside of that temp range the boost cut threshold drops so if I try and do a WOT run on a cold engine i.e anything below 60 degrees C my boost cut will be at 1.2 bar if I do it at anything over 100 degrees the boost cut threshold drops the higher the temp gets.

If you're hitting boost cut when yourcoolant is within the normal operating temp range then you're just hitting too much boost.
Is the ECT sensor reading correctly?

Yeah. Mine is the same principle. (But obviously different values.) And i believe the problem is the 100 to 110 cells. There is about 1 bar difference between the 2 cells. And because of the way the ECU interpolates between the 2 cells to fill in the numbers inbetween, it means the boost cut rapidly sets in, as 1*c rise will mean 0.1 bar. (1.5psi).

And im pretty sure its a temp related cut as the first lap in the session, the car performs well. (The warm up lap.) Then you start your 2 flying laps and it starts happening. So annoying.

The ECU is set up to log. But i havenet had enough time since friday to actually spend some time going over the logs. Saturday i finished of Dzenads car, then dropped it back. Sunday was Kobies birthday, sunday night family roast. Monday back at work. Monday night organising another big job. Tuesday working. It never ends.

But yeah. Im pretty sure its that.