View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 03:56 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_Matthews View Post
Just picked up a 2017 wrx and looking at getting an exhaust, thinking of the invidia. Unsure on q300 or r400.
The biggest problem seems to be the new engine. I want something similar to the old rumble but as its a daily would be nice having the slow moving and idle quieter.
Wondering if anyone had any experience with the new shape wrx and the invidia exhausts? I have heard mixed online reviews about the q300 sounding the same as stock.

I'll give my two cents having driven my wheels for a couple of weeks with an Invidia Q300 exhaust...

Don't even bother thinking of the older boxer style 'rumble' that is recognisable suburbs away. It doesn't sound anything like it.

I actually think that is a good thing - just IMHO - because I dislike that constant monotone drone. That's just me! However the Q300 is quiet. It certainly makes a grumble but it is probably 2-3 times louder than stock...? Maybe a bit more...I don't know; something like that. Certainly not going to blow you away.

Maybe I just can't hear it over the bloody TurboSmart BOV - yes that will be up for sale when I get them to replace it.

Hope that helps...peace
Josh

Sent by me.