View Single Post
Old 13-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben628 View Post
Thanks Seagull... much appreciated again.

@Nauli... yeah I thought about that, sometime last year when I bought the VF34 from a member on this forum, he's also got the Autronic ECU that was off his GC8 WRX too and he had it tuned with exactly what I'm doing except just different intercooler and TBE, he said Race Torque (where he got it done) should be able to plug n play it or at least with very minimal adjustment but after ringing them, ASG and Maximum Motorsport they all said that Autronics is not a good ecu to use and would cost over $1,000 just for tuning because they have to start from scratch. They then recommend I get a much more reliable and easy to tune ecu like the Power FC which is why I ended up with that now.

My plan is to probably use the power fc for now and probably look at a better ecu once I do the short block and 5 speed hybrid gearbox... not sure when that's gonna happen though LOL
Really? So Maximum Motorsport said Autronic was not a good ECU, yet they use Autronic in a number of their tarmac and gravel cars...hmmm.
Any ECU or piggyback will cost you money to tune....whether Power FC, Autronic or MoTec....