View Single Post
Old 13-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

@ Nauli, yes I understand even the Power FC will cost me $650 odd but at least it's a fix price and the vibe I am getting from speaking to those workshops about Autronics is fairly negative and one of them can't remember which one said that it is not very reliable and will open up doors to new problem like cold start etc.

@nick.... Hmmm I'm not too sure exactly in terms of technical spec, but this is an exact copy paste of an enquiry I made from All Drive Subaru

The ADS Hybrid SpecII gearbox:

The Hybrid is an improved and strengthened five-speed box designed for enthusiasts who want to increase the supported power rating of their transmission and retain gearbox drivability and reliability.

The hybrid 5-speed uses a combination of brand new gears sourced from Australian, Japanese and European Subaru gearboxes. After over 6 years of extensive in-house testing, researching and development, we have developed the ultimate combination of internal components guaranteed to give greater strength and improved usability.

Benefits include improved low-speed gear selection, improved baulking resistance due to modified sliding sleeves and hubs, and better fifth gear selection with improved synchro cones and ball bearing shifters.

The Hybrid 5-speed gearbox carries a supported power rating of 230 kw at the wheels and comes with 24 months unlimited km warranty.

Due to the amount of R&D invested into this design, we don’t disclose exact components, however it does include:

Ø Brand new tested OEM gearset (Strongest in the entire Subaru 5 speed range)

Ø Brand new revised hubs and sliders

Ø Brand new gearbox bearing kit

Ø Inspected viscous coupling (optional upgrade to new revised 4 kg coupling)

Ø Brand new revised synchronisers

Ø Brand new centre differential bearing kit

Ø Hi advanced bead blasted gearbox case

Ø New OEM gasket and seal kit

Ø Complete serviced fork and rod kit

Ø Serviced front differential

Ø Set and adjusted to strict ADS specifications

The Hybrid SpecII gearbox costs: $3250 + GST

@ Seagull yes I would love a 6 Speed but it cost double that and with my current situation it's just unlikely going to ever happen, the bummer thing about this is I have the money and can comfortably spend it but by Missus won't let me LOL... she's one of those type of person who spends 20% and save 80%....

So you guys think 5 Speed Hybrid like mentioned above isn't a good idea? I know it's not going to be as strong as the 6 Speed but I figure it's gotta be a lot better than the standard one I have at the moment right?

Thanks again guys