View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

So like groundhog day it was time to once again play with the suspension, this time for the new Whiteline 24mm rear sway bar and different set of RSR springs to bring the rear down 5 - 10mm to lessen the rake angle. The rear sway bar confirmed once again to be the best bang for buck suspension modification with the car much more settles on turn-in and it helps rotate the rear on tight corners. Unfortunately when reinstalling the suspension I did not eyeball the alignment as well as last time, but it was overdue for an alignment anyways.

So dropped the car off to John Fowler Autosports for a once-over. My biggest gripes were steering numbness on center and turn in, excessive rear camber and lack of front camber. Approximately 1 hour later I was driving home in a car that felt far more nimble and sharp and wasn't going to destroy the inside of the rear tyres.

I also purchased a new set of wheels for the car, 17x8 +35 Evolution IX Enkei wheels. I have had a hard time finding a set in reasonable condition that were not outrageously priced. I stumble across these and went halves with a mate, I would get the rims, he would get the semi slicks.

The rims are straight and have no curb rash, they did come off a RallySprint car so large amounts of brake material and debris has accumulated over time, some of it has baked into sections causing the black to appear slightly brown. So once the tyres have taken off I will start prepping them for paint or powdercoat and will likely keep then a flat black.