View Single Post
Old 22-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level
Default Power FC and Link G4

Hi guys,

Hope everyone's well

Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight on the difference between running Power FC vs Link G4 other than it deletes the AFM?

I apologize that I realise this might be a repetitive question and there's probably tons of info on both in forums and I have done fair bit of research on this but more looking at people's opinions on the 2 because most workshops seems to say that the Power FC is old and still needs the use of AFM.

What I'm wanting to know is how big of a difference it makes between having and not having the AFM on a Daily Street Car?

Will Power FC be good enough for what I wanted to achieve?

What I am hoping is to achieve 21-23 PSI and about 200-250kw atw

The car is a GC8 99 WRX, I've got so far in terms of mods:

TBE
GD STI Intercooler
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Garret GTX3071R ( not yet in the car )
SSR Unequal Length with up-pipe ( not yet in the car )
Process West CAI ( Not Yet in the car )
Power FC

What I am thinking is selling the Power FC, put a bit of money and get the Link. They are on special now for $1350 delivered till end of May

Again it's mostly street use, I don't think I will ever see Track Days with her so most probably the Power FC will do fine but I've heard bad things about the AFM qnd how wonderful it is to get rid of it and also I've experienced the car with Vipec ECU from the guy I bought the turbo from and was very impressed.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks in advance