View Single Post
Old 16-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_Clark View Post
Hi all, I just joined the Subaru family with a (demo) 2017 WRX STI. I love the car and was able to get a good deal (since it's being replaced my the MY18) along with the 5 year warranty. After a week or two driving it, I decided I wanted a little more exhaust noise and I thought before I purchase a cat-back exhaust I'll drop my dealer a line and see what I'm in for regarding the warranty.

I expected to just lose the warranty on the exhaust, which is fine, I wouldn't expect them to replace that, but they stated that I would not only lose my warranty on the exhaust, but also on the engine and transmission as

This response came directly from the operations manager at the dealership.

I'm not going to risk a 5 year warranty for the sake of the exhaust, but I was a little surprised at the response, given that Subaru USA offer a cat back as an official add-on. It would be nice to have a little flexibility with the car.

Has anyone with MY15+ STI had to make an engine or transmission warranty claim with a simple modification like this? If so, was it honored? I've know I could obviously run the CBE and replace it if I had to visit the dealership for warranty repair, but I don;t have a heap of room in the garage to store an extra exhaust 'just in case'.

Cheers,

Andrew.
In fact a catback exhaust will not increase boost or power, so they are talking shite....