View Single Post
Old 14-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben628 View Post
Hi Guys,

hope everyone is well

rather than creating a new thread, I though I'd just resurrect this one coz it's not that old and it's pretty much the same topic.

So I'm ready for the next step which is engine build as mention on the introduction of the thread, I've got the funds ready etc.

At first I was thinking of doing in the next few months towards the end of the year kinda thing but I've come across someone who wants to sell a full complete assembled engine ready to go.

I know him from the person who I bought my turbo from and I will be meeting him on Saturday to have a look at the engine and discuss things but thought before that wouldn't hurt to ask for a second opinions

So the specs as he mention are:

Complete EJ207 not yet run brand new short motor, Full reconditioned V6 STI heads, full sets of OE gaskets inc STI Multi-Layered Head Gaskets, inc new OE 11mm Oil Pump, New OE Water Pump, New Complete OE Timing Belt Kit inc all tensioners, ARP Head Stud

Asking price is $5500 and he said he has a guy that does all his engine works, very knowledgeable about Subaru and is happy to do the installation for $1100.

He said it's all ready to go and will bolt into everything I have done so far.

What I'm wanting to know or concern about is:

1. ASG did my Tune but Sean is no longer there so I can't get a retune after the new engine is dropped in, ASG and most people recommended Lane from Race Torque but I called Race Torque and spoke to Ashley and he said Lane doesn't tune Link G4, only Autronics and Motecs - I just need to be sure the money I'm about to spend can be tuned by a good tuner.... as everyone says the car only runs as good as a tuning that's done by the tuner.

2. Do you think the engine is a good price? what are my options if I go for something else? I know a lot of you mention to get the engine build here instead of going eastern states and a lot of you recommended The Engine Shop, I tried calling 2 times and no one seems to pick up every time.

3. The other concern is warranty and tax invoice, I need proof that all this work has been done should I ever sell the car in the future.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks again for your help
$5500 for a complete 207 plus gaskets etc is a decent price if all the work is legit. $1100 for install is also fair in my opinion if they include fluids etc.

For tuning as well as the above mentioned Jamie at Tokyo Motorsports can supply/install/tune Link and plenty of other ecu's.

Good luck & keep us posted with your results.