Thread: Engine Build
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Hi Guys,

Hope you're all well

Just an update, I am going ahead with the engine build. I went to have a look on Saturday and was definitely impressed with it.

The guy is definitely very knowledgeable about Subaru and GC8 in particular, everything was like he said Brand New and the heads are a Version 6 STI fully reconditioned so I think it's definitely a good buy for the money comparing to what's on offer out there.

Everything has been organised and once done, the car will be towed to Justin for Tune.

So excited and can't wait

I thought I would slap a new oil cooler at the same time being a new engine and all, would you guys know where I can source one out locally at a good price?

also the guys who I bought the engine from reckons it might be worth while replacing my GD STI TMIC at the same time and go Process West because they are better especially on a hot summer day with the aircon ON.... Any thoughts on this guys? I know it's another $1000 to spend but at the same time I've come this far and don't wanna sort of put everything in place, tune and find that Process West is the way to go and end up spending more on labour and re-tune.... Are there any big difference to be gain from going the STI TMIC to the Process West TMIC?

Another question I needed to know as well is, I'm looking for a quieter exhaust that doesn't restrict performance, I know it's sort of wishful thinking but only because of the neighbours in my area, so if I change muffler later on down the track, would this mess up the tune again? any suggestions on brands I should look at?

Thanks again guys for all your help and advice