View Single Post
Old 26-07-2017, 08:56 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Pretty pointless mentioning oem engines and their new car warranties when they are running 15 pounds of conservative boost and 220kw.

Comparing that to an engine that is producing over 110kw per cylinder on nearly double the boost and triple the fuel....
No. Its entirely relavent. If you go back to my original statement back in Jacobs thread where i mentioned the relationship between, economy, performance and reliability. (The comment that set this whole retarded thing rolling) Then you will see exactly how relavent it is.

OEMs dont make 600hp 4 cylinders not because they cant, the ones involved in motorsport are perfectly capable of doing it. The reason (among others) they dont do it is because they know it is either going to be unreliable, or un-ecomonical.

If we are having a discussion about reliability, then it is entirely reasonable to compare reliability to a known and well established metric like warrantie periods on new cars. If a car doesnt meet its manufactures warranty, then you could say that car is not reliably. But when i say a car (dazs car) hasnt yet met any equivelant new car warranty period, you say its irrelevant.

Last edited by Bram; 26-07-2017 at 09:00 PM.