Thread: Engine Build
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Hi guys,

Hope you're all well...

I'm just confused and in need of help please....

So as I mention before I went ahead with the engine build.... did everything properly including getting a few new things while they're at it:

New NGK leads
New Spark Plugs (Iridium Laser)
New Mishimoto Performance Aluminium Radiator
New Genuine Subaru Oil Cooler
New Timing Belt Guide
I decided to swap the Turbo with VF35 as I find the GT3071R a bit laggy

Put everything on and they took it for a drive and said it went really good, then comes the time for tuning, took it to Justin at BYE as suggested by everyone.

Now Justin is saying that the car misfires when driving under normal condition, when it's revved up 4,000 and over it's fine... they said one of the cylinder is not firing properly and reckon it could be either injectors, coil pack or leads.

They are getting the injectors flow tested tomorrow as they suspect that is the culprit.

What do you guys reckon? I just don't understand how it was fine before when ASG had it tuned with the old engine and when they tested the car fine after the engine swap.

The engine is EJ207 brand new with reconditioned Version 6 STI heads.
The injectors is JECS 1,000cc bought from EBay as advised by ASG that it's fine... it was only a month old.

Where did I go wrong guys?

The other thing is Justin said it was tuned at 248hp atw which I thought was a bit low and not what I expected... what do you guys reckon with this too?

Thanks guys, hope to hear from you soon