View Single Post
Old 17-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

After a fun week of insurance dealings there has been a silver lining.

I was mis-informed from SGIO about having salvage on the car, so the assessor there recommended I get the car looked at/assessed by the at fault parties insurance - AAMI.

I organised a tow at my own expense to get the car to the AAMI assessment yard, but due to unforeseen circumstances the car had to be left at my place for 1 day while the tow truck had other jobs - project #backtostock commenced with the help of a mate.

Car was delivered to AAMI in standard form for assessment.

Spoke to the assessor yesterday, and because of the low kms and cleanliness of the car, he agreed on a payout figure of 11.5k - winning.

Said they were awaiting an estimate from the scrapyard as to a buy back figure - as with AAMI I have the option to purchase the wreck back. Initial estimate was ~2k, which i was happy to take as the gearbox, engine, brakes etc would add up to way more.

Will be buying the car back at this stage.

Currently being towed to my place now and I will be tearing the rest of it apart in the next few weeks.

So in closing, massive fuck around but a silver lining means that I can now jump into a clean, low km 05 STI and bolt all my mods to it.

Last edited by Brett Allan; 17-08-2017 at 11:42 AM.