Thread: Engine Build
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ben628 at standard level

Thanks again guys for all the input and involvement.

Yeah definitely don't want a turbo that starts kicking only after 4,000rpm, had that before with my GT3071R just don't like it and defeats the purpose on what I'm using it for.

I know I'll be up for a retune again but it's gonna be later on down the track and unfortunately as I mention just really can't spend that sort of money at the moment, sucks not being single hahaha, I mean the money's there and still more than enough buffer even after spending on Dom but she still says no Grrrr... funny thing is I earn twice more than her so the savings are largely due to my contribution.... shouldn't have agreed that she will be the one managing the finance when we got married hahahha

Anyway I am keen to know more about the Surge Tank, I need to get out of it in the most cost effective way just to stop the surging coz my day involves going around town from meeting to meeting and I am not always in the position to be able to find BP and fill her up, so this is quite important for me.

Strangely I would've thought the surge happens because the injectors are running so close to the maximum duty cycle (97%) and once I do the top feed it would be gone but hey I'm a noob which is why I rely on everyone's experience

Any brand that you guys can recommend for the Surge Tank? are they all universal or specific for each cars like injectors?

Thanks again guys