View Single Post
Old 16-10-2017, 05:15 AM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

Yep if I'd kept things sensible at 400-450hp it would have lasted years but the car would just bore me to tears. Even with the power it has its tame compared to the GC I had so I just wouldn't want it toned down at all.

This would have been a non issue had it not been for the valve failure. I'm confident the bearings would have held out until the refresh in a month or so.

It's all irrelevant now though what's happened has happened. I'm too hard on the Car. I really do use it and abuse it every day. I've decided that before I repair this I'm going to buy myself a really nice daily driver. I've got one now but it's a 17 year old pile of shite and I just don't like driving it so I never do.

I've seen a really nice 2016 Audi A3 S line that i like which will then allow me to make the Hawkeye a little more of a weekend special with less emphasis on the daily stuff and not the daily abuse it gets now.

I could have kept this off the forums and FB and nobody would be any the wiser but that's not what I'm about. I've been open and honest from day one of this build and shall continue to share my successes and failures.

One thing is for sure It'll be back, better stronger and significantly quicker than it is now. Watch this space and mark my words

Last edited by dazdavies; 16-10-2017 at 05:16 AM.