View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

phoenix at standard level
Default Car Security Problem - Sirens Wont stop - HELP

I have a problem where the internal and external sirens will not turn off. I dont know if this is a brant issue or the Subaru security system built into the car. I am guessing it is the brant and I am sure someone will tell me as I dont know how each are configured.

It started when I needed to remove the battery to do some work around that area. Being worried about the issues with the brant and its possible issues when power is removed I got a memory minder that has a 9v battery with 2 clamps. I put the memory minder on the 2 battery terminals and removed the battery from the car. Because I wanted to work around the battery area I wanted to get the battery minder out of the way so I got some jump leads to connect the terminals up to the car battery which was now on the floor. Like an absolute knob head and not paying attention i put the terminals on the battery side the wrong way around and heard a pop sound and everything went dead. I thought I had f#*cked up big time. Turns out it blew the 80 amp SBF No.1 fuse in the fuse box behind the battery. I have no idea what the fuse is for ? Anyway I replaced it and fortunately the car came back to life.

The issue I have now is that is that when I press the key to either lock or unlock the car the internal and external sirens go off and I cannot stop them unless I disconnect the battery, wait a while then reconnect it again. As soon as I press the key again off it goes again. I have tried the Brant reset twice as posted in this forum and it has made no difference. When the sirens are sounding I can put in my pin number and start the car no problem. Everything seems to be working ok except for the bloody sirens wont stop. Is it the brant system that the sirens are part of or the subaru security system ?

Has anyone had this or got any ideas, apart from the usual "rip out the shit brant system and replace it"

If its the brant who knows anything them now apart from Subaru in Perth?

Cheers