View Single Post
Old 20-02-2018, 03:00 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Vancouver98STi at standard level
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingslayer567 View Post

Im in the same boat...
I posted about this issue in several Subaru forums around the planet... and never got one single response. It was like I was asking about some taboo subject.

I eventually just disconnected the battery, stepped on the brake pedal (to discharge capacitors in the ECU), and carried on. Seems to do the trick.

One other tip to add, regarding the ECU re-learning idle speed control after disconnecting the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrundleJuice

After resetting the ECU, turn key to on/run for 20 seconds then back to off. Then start it and allow it to idle for 8-10 mins without touching the accel pedal or putting any significant load on it like a/c, head lights, power windows or even changing manifold pressure by applying the brakes. When engine speeds are rapidly falling toward idle, like when depressing the clutch after decelerating in gear, the ECU has to signal the injectors to inject fuel to "catch" it before it gets all the way to idle speed. I assume this is a learned part of the ECU logic since it gets better after some time. If you have an aftermarket or modified intake it may take longer or be impossible to get perfect. Anytime you disconnect the battery it resets the ECU and therefore clears any codes. If you want to find out what DTC was triggering a CEL you should not reset the ECU first.

Last edited by Vancouver98STi; 20-02-2018 at 03:01 AM.