View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingslayer567 View Post
The v7 ej207 block im gonna get directly from subaru for $3.2k and while thats being put in the heads are gonna be machined for $550 each which includes new springs.

The mechanic also suggested doing cams and the oil pump but i think that blows the budget out a bit. He quoted $7.5k total if i did minimal for 300kw and the cams would push it out even further with a bigger turbo.

Last thing is that theres a lot of things wrong with the car atm. When i replaced the exhaust it had a huge exhaust leak due to shit gaskets which made the boost pressure oscillate like crazy from 17 psi down to 8 repeatedly. Putting a new gasket has made a huge difference but it hasnt stopped oscillating and I dont really know what to do about it. Ive heard a tune might make a difference.

The knock sensor and o2 sensor code has been given and it has really bad fuel economy. Only getting 300-350 kms per tank so MAF sensor probably needs replacing as well.

I have a few questions to you lads.
Is 7.5k an good deal for an installed ej207?
Are cams and oil pumps worth putting in on a budget?
What can I do about oscillating boost pressure?
And lastly where should i get sensors from?

Btw the wrxs at race wars were incredible. Hopefully some of you were there and raced.
Check with Rising Sun Subaru and Diversion Garage, I'm sure they were well cheaper than that for oem short blocks.

Diversion Garage were the best price on most of the ancilleries to - gaskets, timing belts etc.

You would be mad not to do the oil pump while your there, they're not expensive - get the 11mm STi pump.

Not sure about needing cams on a 207 to make 300kw, you won't need them on a 257 to make those numbers.

Last edited by nick73; 12-03-2018 at 10:39 AM.