View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:40 PM
Scoobie Noobie

TimoL at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLeggy View Post
As long as you have good enough wiring the Walbro 450 would be fine.....in E85 i don't think there are many other options from walbro......and i wouldn't trust anything else as an in-tank main pump, it does sound like you have a lazy pump....

China FPR's...

Nick73, 350Kpa is 50 psi, about right(higher than stock 300Kpa) for a base pressure for 1000cc injectors to aid atomisation.

You could bench test your fuel system somewhat, use an airline on the FPR and pump 2 bar into it with a base pressure of 350 Kpa... see if it gets to 550Kpa, then if you want to simulate injectors working in the mix add a 1mm hole bleed into a container and do same test, you can then play around and test pump current and voltage etc.(current would tell a lot...pump should go rated max current, under or over by too much and its no good)
I've got full 12 gauge (4mm^2) wiring to the pump. I did some testing to the FPR by applying compressed air but I didn't simulate the flow as suggested.

I could do some measurements to the pump but I've decided to order the 450 Walbro next. I'm still not sure if I need a PWM controller for the pump as it could potentially flow too much at idle for the return line. Fuel heating could also be an issue?

I did some more googling and both the FPRs are knockoffs of the original Aeromotive 13101. But I've taken both apart and the machining work seems good. The system holds pressure for some time after the pump is powered down. I've heard that genuine FPRs won't hold pressure for a long time either since they are not designed to do that.

At this point I'm sure the problem is flow related, it's either the pump being lazy and/or the FPR leaking too much fuel the return line. What FPR would you recommend? Preferably something with two AN6 inlets.