Thread: Betty blue
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2018, 12:03 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Anyone reading this have any idea what might have caused the issues I had on Saturday morning.

After my first run of the event as I was coasting through the car park the car started lurching and surging badly, missfiring at idle.

The base line fuel pressure had dropped from 52psi to around 44psi. I adjusted it back up to 52 and it was behaving itself on the next run, idle back to normal.

Checked it again and it was up to 60psi, I adjusted it back down 52psi and the car performed perfect for the rest of the day and hasn't missed a beat since.

Anyone recognise these symptoms?

Car has a Processwest surge system with a Walbro 460 in it, lift pump is a dw300. Car has never missed a beat with this setup for nearly two years.

There were some very big bumps and dips in the track which bounced the car around a lot on my first run.

Could I have an electrical gremlin which upset the surge pump? Shit fuel (e85). Fuel reg malfunction?? (turbosmart 1200)
Potentially a power supply issue. (Bad connection, or bad circuit breaker/relay etc.)