Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2018, 11:36 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
Fuck dude sorry to hear about your block, it's a stressful process regardless but that is piss poor.

Cage looks mint so far!
Yeah its still a touchy subject.

I was planning on doing a big surprise reveal to PWRX with the sexy new motor and 600+ hp. But it seams like its cursed.

I think the best coarse of action is to just buy a new subaru short motor and try again. Ill still send the current block off for line bore, and if its salvagable, then thats good, (i could even use the new crank and rods from the new short and build a spare) if not. We move forward.

Loosing the block sucks. Esecially after all the machine work done to it (CNC CDB, pinned mains, cylinder hone, deck cut, line hone.) Its a fair whack of coin to flush down the toilet. (And a year of my life waiting for it to come back to me) But thats WAY cheaper than running it and then fucking a billet crank, fucking some turbo tuff rods, plus putting metal through the 5 stage dry sump, ruining a set if gaskets and bearings and everything else. Plus the time and effort of building it and installing and tuning it... sometimes better to cut losses and chalk it up to learning. You learn who you can trust to do good work, and who you can trust to do shit work.