Thread: red car
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff
Default Ruby

time to put together a new build diary for the latest addition. 1999 WRX in sedona red with plenty of paint fade, chips and dents.

Came with afew goodies listed below:
- VF30
- Power FC
- AVCR boost controller
- WL anti lift kit
- King super low springs on stock struts
- sti 550cc injectors? pic included if anyone can confirm
- some sort of upgraded fuel pump, yet to pull it out to look
- Ebay as fuck intercooler
- Some sort of recirc bov
- hectic pod filter
- Excedy HD clutch
- DBA front rotors
- 3" TBE with varex milo tin

So far i have replaced the rear sway bar mounts (03 wrx mounts) and bushes (some red brand ones). 2 pot rear brake and 300mm rotor upgrade. all of which i had lieing around after wrecking an 03 wrx. Free is good.

Got it off Tim at Forged automotive in Midvale, he commented on the tune feeling abit rubbish when he first got it and rented Tokyo's dyno and ended up taking 5degs out ign timing across the board as it needed alot more work than he had time to do. Came with a heap of receipts for various stuff including a dyno print out from though who shall not be named. Its only running 1 bar of boost so between that and the conservative timing it feels abit more sluggish than what id expect so waiting for a good deal on a wideband AFR to have a play with the power FC, if I die, I die.

Looking at options to replace front strut tophats as they are starting to crack, im sure this will be something that they check for at rallysprint so need it fixed. Looking into camber plate options that are compatible with stock struts. Cannot afford the 1.8k price tag of decent coil overs so hoping i can get away with some camber plates, lower springs, sway bar endlinks, wheel alignment to start with.

Hind sight after throwing money at the STi is making it easier to work out what i want to do and what i need to do to enjoy it on the track. Im thinking of removing the boost controller and using the power FC with 3 port to do boost control to simplify things from a tuning point of view, top hat replacement, some nice front brake pads and some second hand R-comps then driving the shit out of it at as many event as possible until i either hit a curb or something blows up.

anyway pictures

before

after

Last edited by Tony; 03-02-2019 at 12:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony For This Useful Post:
Jacob92 (10-01-2019)