Thread: red car
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 01:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

- Sti front ali control arms installed with existing whiteline ALK and free castor mod.

-GD rear control arms install with whiteline camber bolts installed

-whiteline roll centre kit installed.

- Initial wheel alignment specs
Front camber: D -0.8° P -0.75°
Rear camber: D -1.4° P -1.75°
Toe: D 0.00mm P 2.00mm toe out

After install with, stock camber bolts front, aftermarket rear.
Front camber: D -3.2° P -3.15°
Rear camber: D -2.0° P -2.05°
Toe: D 0.00m P 0.00mm

Ok reason for doing to control arm swap was to fit the oem rims with 225" A050's. When i originally fitted the wheels to the rear the tyre was rubbing the stock strut, my only option was to push the wheel out towards the guard and spacers where not an option. Also on the front the max neg camber i could get with stock camber bolts and strut tops was -1.5° which is less than ideal for those tyres on the track. I had all of the GD stuff lying around including ali control arms so decided so decided to install it all which would give me more camber at the front and more clearance out the back. I split the front ball joint boot in the process which lead to a roll centre kit. The above is just a DIY home alignment and i will be booking in somewhere to have it checked/adjusted where need be, i have not check castor yet either.

I also got a set of 12x1.25mm high tensile bolts and made a 12idx18odx10Hmm spacer which i used to lock down the rear subframe, cost 8 buks all up and does the same thing as the 50buk whiteline sub frame lock down kit, winning.

Booked in for the motul test and tune day at barbs late march so will order a set of Forza FP3 front pads closer to the date for that.

Gear has started to roll in to de-mao the tune adn engine. 3 port mac valve, STI tmic/oem bov (with grub screw mod) have shown up. I have also received a turbo exhaust mounting plate and afew various 3" exhaust pipes to fabricate my own bellmouth as the existing dumpipe looks average at best to me. Its a flat plate similar to the stock subaru dump pipe and the 3" dump pipe is compressed down to like a 2.7" pipe where it is welded on to the flange. Hoping to chop the existing flange off and weld my DIY bell mouth on to the existing dump pipe. Im hoping for some improvements in spool time but cant say without trying.