Thread: My05 sti
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 06:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdavies View Post
Security cert had expired on my webserver hence no images. Should be sorted now although I had to clear the cache on the pc. I fucking hate computers!!

I'm running the Vipec V88 on mine which is essentially an old Link G4.
I have thought about changing it for something a bit more modern but it does everything I need of it so no reason to swap it out just yet.

My lift pump and one Bosch 044 run on ignition although I've completely binned the OEM fuel controller.

It's dead easy to configure the link to do the third pump. Just do all the relays and run the earth from the 3rd pump relay to one of the GP outputs on the ECU. You can then configure output and the conditions that it is activated. Mine for example comes on at just under a bar. A Simple but effective and pretty reliable solution.
Have all the parts arriving hopefully this week, so I'll get it all built and use the ECU to switch the 2nd one. I've got the wiring running from the Hobbs to the rear anyways, so very easy to swap from positive to negative switch for that relay.

Fuel controller is long gone, and I have ordered some nice bulkhead fittings for the lift pump supply going through the tank lid as well as some e85 safe Tefzel wiring

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
I agree with Daz. If you ECU supports it, then its best to utilise it, rather than hardware switchs and stuff. If its a proper hobbs switch and not a reproduction, then they are actually very reliable in my experience. But its still added complexity and plumbing into the manigold, and wiring into the engine bay that could be simplified and streamlined.
Certainly a genuine item, and from what I have also seen they are pretty robust units even in a mining environment. ECU has the ability to, so I'll get that sorted this break