View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

MARCH2019 - Finally found a splash guard for the car. It was a real chore due to the 7 not sharing designs with the 8/9 version. Only paid $20 for this and then proceeded to spend $22 on all the necessary retainer clips. Not only does it keep the engine bay a little cleaner it also somehow reduced some of the wind noise, I guess directing air under the car and not allowing it up into the engine bay(?).

APRIL2019 - This is hopefully the last suspension adjustment I will make. The front end didn't have enough travel, so after a quick tinker I know have ~55mm of front droop and ~60mm in there rear. Now I can run the coilovers on the softest setting and no more bump stops, although I usually run it on 14/21 front and 11/21 rear which is firm but comfortable. With all the changes over the past few months I will probably need a touch-up alignment by JF-Autosports but that can wait until I get the new wheels on the car.

Finally got the Enkei RP03's back from Aeroplate and as usually Anthony did a smashing job. Nice gunmetal powdercoat with a metallic flake that looks great next tothe white paint! My metal valve stems also arrived so now they are ready for a new set of tyres.