View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 03:58 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level
Default Major update

It's been a couple of years since I last posted here so thought it would be a good time to give an update seeing as I have made quite a few upgrades to the old girl in the mean-time.

Performance:
  • DBA4000 rotors on the front
  • KW Coilovers (front and rear)
  • Installed new VF34
  • Installed 6-speed from an 06STI
Visual:
  • New 18" Ultrex RS gold rims
  • Painted the calipers gold to match the new rims
  • Installed new digital radio head-unit
  • Rattle-can paint job on front and rear bumpers

All mechanical work was carried out by STechnic who I can't thank enough for all their help and workmanship.
The VF34 was installed at the start of the year and transformed the car completely. With 370,000kms on the clock and an unopened 205, I didn't want to push my luck so had it set at 14lb boost, but even at this level the car has so much more mid-range and top-end surge.
I then decided to take it to the drags to see if I could beat my previous time of 14.1 set when the engine was stock. Unfortunately the original 5-speed decided to call it a day, stripping 1st-gear when launching. However, the silver lining was that this lead to me purchasing a 6-speed from an 06STI. This was installed last week with me picking the car up yesterday, but the initial impression is unbelievable! The car is now an absolute little weapon and I can't wait to take it to a track-day once the weather improves to give it a proper work-out.

Other than that, the coilovers and new front rotors have greatly improved the handling of the car, with it's performance pretty much on-par with what I had always dreamed it one day might be.
I also bit the bullet and got myself some gold rims which I know might not be to everyone's taste but I think they look hot-shit. The offset and extra diameter just give it a much more planted look imo.

TLDR - despite being on its original 205 with 370,000kms on the clock, the car is more enjoyable to drive now than it has ever been
Attached is a pic of it in its current state.

Future plans are pretty simple - save for a 207 and re-spray, otherwise just enjoy continuing to drive my dream car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Car 19.jpg (3.85 MB, 43 views)

Last edited by Top-Deck; 14-06-2019 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Unicorn EJ305's don't exist