View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 07:13 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level
Default 2016 WRX Mod Issues

First up: I really do not want to do this as I do not want to stir up a hornets nest. I have thought of the pros and cons for a while regarding posting in the manner I am going to...it comes down to 'I have nothing to lose'. Second: any who may remember my short lived tenure here and my alcohol fueled tirades have my apologies; I've been sober for years now...lost about 20kg as well!

Anyway...
A place in Perth did modifications on my MY17 WRX. I had issues from day one in terms of stalling, burning rich, a few other strange things.

It has recently come to my attention that I was provided with a catless TBE system (I do not want to get yellowed for sake of a few kW) and that the oxygen sensors in the exhaust system were sending gibberish to the ECU. Whether they were installed or not or are working or not is unknown. In fact whether an EcuTEK tune that was paid for was done is in doubt.

I live in the Northern Suburbs and would appreciate a recommendation of a company that can install a cat and ensure the oxygen sensors are in place. In addition that would require another EcuTEK tune. I would also like to chat to them about 'catch cans' and a couple of other things that I have found out since then may (or may not) be a good idea.

Recommendations would be appreciated...preferably (but by no means limited to!) guys that have 2015+ vehicles and have had work done to them. I understand that predominantly the chat here is about late 90's to late noughts Subaru's - and that's all cool with me! - but it would be good to hear from guys with relevant experience.

Cheers guys,
Peace