View Single Post
Old 25-07-2019, 12:55 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
Any updates, how'd you go?
G'day mate...cheers for showing some personal interest and checking back in...I appreciate that man

Yes I have spoken with MRT over East (as there is no doubt an EcuTEK tune will be involved at some point) and they said to head to RT. I will actually be on the phone to them tomorrow and have a chat about what I have going on...

My next door neighbour is an auto mechanic (and a decent bloke); he did my 10k service and alerted me then about the oil (it smelt like petrol) and when he put his 'ScanTool' (I think that's what they're called?) on it showed the O2 sensors in the exhaust were just talking gibberish to the ECU.

At my prompting I took around a six pack the past weekend and he jacked up (the wheels that is...yeah that's a pretty feeble attempt at humour but I ain't exactly ecstatic at the moment) and we had a look underneath. I've stated before that I am not here to point fingers and cop the 'they have done my cars for years and are great guys' rubbish. I just want to make sure that my car is not f***ed.

I will not say anything more about what I do know for sure publicly. PM is fine; hit me up if you are interested. Even after RT have had a look and found whatever out; I am not posting that here (again PM's welcome) UNLESS it is positive news. That is just plain respect for a place that did my mods and whom I cannot absolutely say f***ed up. Despite that though...the last thing I am going to do is take it back into MM.

nauli - mate I have nothing against you personally and I understand that you were just trying to stick up for a place that you like - however you just made things worse here man. What the hell you were hoping to achieve by ringing them about my wheels and then feeding back to me what that they had told you...mate I don't know. I was genuinely going to take your advice and call a truce and give them a call to see what we could figure out before you became involved. They fed you lies which you fed me thinking I'm a prick? Come on man...supposing company X had done shoddy work; do you think they would admit that to a third party? MYOB bro...

Again I will state that I have not intended to denigrate MM publicly and my apologies to any that think I have and have taken offence. My reason for posting here was to get some recommendations from guys who know more than me.

I will state a couple of things though; other than what has already been mentioned. From the J Pipe to the 'cat back' section needs to be replaced. They fixed the wrong BOV and that needs to be replaced as that is f***ing the whole system up. In the last couple weeks - if I warm it up in my garage for a minute before going for short trips - it will start to blow blue smoke.

Doesn't sound all that great - but I do not know engines so I will not jump to any conclusions. My next door neighbour is a great bloke but he does go a little over the top at times all the same he has definitely mentioned 'engine out' as a possibility...for a car that has just ticked over 13,000 km's that would not be cool.

Happy to mention what I know for sure on PM, otherwise I will get to RT ASAP and go from there.

Cheers matto
Peace