View Single Post
Old 23-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Fear1987 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
240kw on 98 or e85. Big ask on 98... e85 no problem. Will it all hold together?

That will depend how you drive it.
That is true, 98 I forgot to mention I’ll be adding a intercooler and turbo.
I drive hard not abusive giving the occasional full throttle when others want to play. I don’t launch or do track days I just like the midnight runs , not the curry kind but the turbo kind.

To be honest I’ve found you can never really unwind two full gears without hitting traffic, cameras or dash cam whingers,
Let’s say my setup will be good for 20,000kms before something blows even 15,000kms. Let’s say I drive 500kms the week I am home
But working 3/1 it’s just a toy, if it breaks it breaks, I won’t complain my misses might) if and when it happens back to the drawing board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
..."240kw at the wheels on stock motor and tranny with no problems."....waits with anticipation and a degree of scepticism...
I wrote this huge reply but I had to re sign in losing it all.

Basically heaps have more on stock, in the states .
Might be different I don’t know.
Most engine fails , were running on 91 fuel or less.
And running longer.

Transmission used to be crap I agree, but so many times I’ve seen others shock load a box , with launches , 5/6 changes into 3rd under full throttle trying to race others.
Then next week at the track complain the box broke under easy acceleration.

Be a diesel fitter I’ve watch other mechanical parts, rigging gear and cranes being shockloaded then the next day some other poor bloke used the part and it fails leaving him confused on his own actions.
Most of the kids in Perth Can’t even merge let alone shift right.

But time will tell .
But I’ll never really know because I bought second hand.

Peace